Chemistry, Biochemistry & Microbiology Skills
I have an undergraduate major in Chemistry (Union College), a Master's degree
in Organic Chemistry (Duke University), and a Ph.D. in Physical Organic Chemistry
(University of Tennessee). Along the way, I picked up a Ph.D. minor (University of Tennessee)
I have taught Chemistry at the following schools
- Maricopa Community College District (AZ).
- Southern Union State Junior College (AL).
I Have Taught Microbiology and Immunology at the following schools
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences (AZ).
I have a permanent Community College Teaching Certificate in Chemistry
(State Board of Directors for Community Colleges of Arizona, March 1994).
Visiting Scientist in the Artificial Intelligence Group at the
University of Georgia (1989-1990)
- My work on Genetic Algorithms as applied to Diagnostic Decision Making
was published in the refereed journal Expert Systems with Applications.
- I also worked on Environmental Protection Agency project to predict
chemical properties using an expert system implemented in Prolog.
Copyright © 2001
Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.
Last updated: August 13, 2002; Version: 1.4